Do not forget to join the Beauty group on Facebook to benefit from tips and reviews of care, beauty and makeup products, and to answer your questions through the following link group beauty box
What are the benefits and types of salicylic acid serum?
Salicylic acid is an essential ingredient in many skin and hair care products for its effectiveness in exfoliating, purifying the skin, and fighting infections.
This topic contains…
What is salicylic acid serum?
Salicylic acid is a type of beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that is able to dissolve in fats, test pores and dry out sebum, and has the ability to remove skin glue and exfoliate, also has the ability to fight infections and bacteria.
Salicylic acid serum benefits
- It dissolves the glue between the dead cells, which helps in exfoliating the skin and stimulating the process of cell renewal, so it is used in the treatment of goose skin.
- Contributes to the purification of pores from the sebum accumulated inside them and dries the fat for its ability to dissolve in oil or fat, thus limiting the appearance of acne, white pimples and blackheads.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, so it is used in the treatment of cystic acne and inflamed and scaly acne.
- It stimulates the skin to restore its natural youthfulness and elasticity, delaying the appearance of signs of aging such as fine lines, sagging and dullness.
- It helps in enhancing the skin’s resistance to infections and skin problems such as rosacea, eczema and psoriasis, and also relieves the symptoms of these skin problems such as irritation, redness, swelling.
- It cleans large pores and reduces their size.
- It contributes to improving and unifying the skin tone, as it helps to get rid of damaged and pigmented skin cells.
- It is used in the treatment of dandruff of the scalp.
The best types of salicylic acid serum for the skin
There are many types in pharmacies and online stores, here are the most famous and best:
Revolution Salicylic Acid Serum
- Revolution Skincare 2% Salicylic Acid and Fruit Enzyme Anti Blemish Serum is an innovative blemish-fighting serum with a 2% concentration of salicylic acid and a fruit enzyme.
- Fragrance-free, whether extracts from essential oils or synthetic fragrances.
- Contains salicylic acid to treat spots, exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin.
- It reaches deep into the pores and removes any impurities or accumulated sebum for ultra clear skin.
- It reduces skin imperfections, and gives it freshness and glow.
- Contributes to reducing the size of large pores, because it contains Witch Hazel water that holds the pores.
- Contains papaya and mango enzymes to stimulate the exfoliation process, enhancing skin smoothness.
How to use revolution serum for skin
Apply a small amount as needed on the affected area clean and dry. Use a lotion, then a light moisturizer such as a hyaluronic acid serum, followed by a salicylic acid serum, followed by your favorite moisturizer, followed by a sunscreen.
Water, propanediol, polysorbate 20, witch hazel or witch hazel water, alcohol denat. , Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide Sodium Chloride, Fruit Extract (Papaya), Fruit Extract, Mango Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Leuconostoc/Radish Filter for Root Fermentation
Salicylic acid serum price
- Available in Saudi Arabia at 106 SAR
- Available in the UAE at 103 dirhams
- Available in Kuwait at a price of 5 KD
- Available in Egypt at 350 EGP.
Ordinary salicylic acid serum
- The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Facial Exfoliation Serum It is a 2% salicylic acid solution suitable for exfoliating blemish-prone and decongestant skin for all skin types.
- The Ordinary scrub has a light texture with dead skin cells that clog pores, providing clarity to the skin with regular use over time.
- Its formula has a pH of 3.20 – 4.00
- Its formula is free of water, alcohol, oil, silicone, nuts, and gluten.
How to use:
- Use once daily in the evening.
- Apply a small dot to the target area or apply a small amount all over the face except under the eyes, corners of the nose and sides of the mouth.
Water, Polysaccharide Isomers, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Salicylic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
Ordinary salicylic acid serum price
- Available in Saudi Arabia at 87 SAR
- It is available in the UAE at a price of 84 dirhams
- Available in Kuwait at a price of 3 KD
- Available in Egypt at 350 EGP
Boots Ingredients Salicylic Acid Serum
- It purifies and exfoliates the skin.
- It gives the skin hydration, freshness and softness.
- Reduces skin imperfections.
- It reduces acne, white pimples and blackheads without drying them or making them oily.
How to use:
- Use the serum on the face and neck day and night with simple drops.
- Gently massage your skin.
- Store in a cool dry place, avoiding direct sunlight.
Water, Butylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Salicylic Acid, Ppg-26-Butylate, Ammonium Acryloid Methyloate/Vp Copolymer, PEG-40 Hydrous Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Allantoin, Chlorphenesin, Dipotassium Glyacrylates, Bisabolol Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Glycerin, Potassium Sobate Benzoate.
Boots salicylic acid serum price
- Available in Saudi Arabia at 50 SAR
- Available in the UAE at 47 dirhams
- Available in Kuwait for 4.5 KD
The Anky Salicylic Acid Serum
- The inkey list beta hydroxy acid serum contains 2% salicylic acid which indicates its ability to penetrate deeper into your skin, helping to unclog and refine pores, fight blackheads and pimples and reduce the appearance of pores.
- This serum is an ideal choice for oily skin as it has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- It calms blemish-prone skin without any burning or stinging sensation.
- Contains 1% low molecular hyaluronic acid to maintain skin’s hydration level.
- Helps reduce pimples, pimples, enlarged pores and reduces excess sebum.
How to use:
- Use morning and evening in your skincare routine after cleansing and moisturizing with a hyaluronic acid serum.
- Spread 1-2 drops of this product as a beta-hydroxy acid serum on the face and neck.
- Gently massage until completely absorbed.
- Use your favorite moisturizer, then sunscreen.
Water, Propanediol, Betaine, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Zinc PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Maltodextrin, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Gum-1 Biosaccharide, Trisodium Ethylene Desoxyn.
The Anky Salicylic Acid Serum Price
- Available in Saudi Arabia at 52 SAR
- It is available in the UAE at a price of 49 dirhams
- Available in Kuwait at a price of 5 KD
- Available in Egypt at a price of 280 EGP
La Roche Posay Effaclar Ultra Concentrate Serum
- Effaclar Ultra Concentrated Serum is an anti-blemish daily exfoliating serum suitable for oily, acne-prone skin.
- Formulated with a potent blend of Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, LHA, soothing Niacinamide and Facial Thermal Spring Water, for flawless skin.
- It removes the dead cells accumulated on the surface of the skin, opens the pores and improves the texture of the irregular skin.
- It works to reduce impurities, correct dark spots and effects on the skin such as acne scars, signs of aging and blackheads.
- Reduces the severity of acne, due to its ability to reduce sebum secretion.
- Leaves skin smooth and without shine.
- Restores balance to your skin, and smoothes the complexion in the morning.
How to use:
Use every evening after cleansing your skin with the appropriate cleanser for oily skin and drying it.
Water, alcohol denat. , Propanediol, Glycolic Acid, Niacinamide, Dimethylisosorbide, Pentylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylpiperazine, Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Citric Acid, PEG-30, Glyceryl Cocosilicyl, Capryroyl, Salicylic Acid, Maltodextrin, Polyquaternium 10, perfume.
la roche posay salicylic acid serum price
- Available in Saudi Arabia at 175 SAR
- Available in the UAE at 171 dirhams
- It is available in Kuwait at a price of 10 KD
- Available in Egypt at 570 EGP
salicylic acid hair serum
- Revolution Haircare Salicylic Acid Clarifying Scalp Serum for Oily Scalp was created to treat oily scalps and get rid of dandruff.
- Your scalp, just like your skin, needs purification and cleansing to protect against dandruff and infections that affect the health of the scalp and hair follicles, so it is recommended to use salicylic acid to exfoliate and remove the accumulated sebum on the scalp.
- This serum contains tea tree oil that refreshes the scalp, leaving it clean for its purifying and antibacterial properties.
- Contains betaine, which contributes to the nutrition of the scalp.
- Contains panthenol, soothes and regenerates scalp cells and improves hair strength.
- Contains glycerin to moisturize and soothe itchy scalp.
- It contains benzoic acid, which is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.
- Features a vegan formula that is free of SLS, SLES and silicone.
How to use Revolution Hair Care Serum
- Use on dry scalp with a few drops.
- Gently massage your entire scalp.
- Leave it overnight, then wash it off with a shampoo that also contains salicylic acid for the best and fastest result.
Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Butylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicylic Acid, Alcohol Denat. Hydroxyethylcellulose, Dehydroacetic Acid, Pullulan, Oil (Tea Tree), Sodium Hydroxide, Cellulose Gum, Benzoic Acid, Pantolactone, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sorbic Acid
hair revolution serum price
- Available in Saudi Arabia at 50 SAR
- It is available in the UAE at a price of 45 dirhams
- Available in Kuwait at a price of 4 KD
- Available in Egypt at a price of 230 EGP
Disadvantages of using salicylic acid serum
- Salicylic acid is not an ideal choice for those with very dry skin.
- It is not recommended for use in case of taking some treatments such as blood thinners.
- Using it in high and inappropriate proportions may cause skin irritation, redness, itching, burning and tingling.
- Do not use high concentrations of salicylic acid on skin that is sensitive, flaky, or prone to skin problems such as fungus, eczema, cuts, and burns.
- Avoid the eye contour and contact with the eyes.
- It is recommended to do an allergy test on the inside of the forearm or behind the ear before use. Apply the serum as directed on a small area once a day for three days to test whether your skin is sensitive to this serum.
- If you notice irritation, redness, severe inflammation, itching, burning, swelling of the eyes and mouth, blistering, or difficulty breathing, rinse, discontinue use and refer to a physician immediately.
- keep away from the reach of the children.
- The serum contains beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), which causes increased sensitivity of the skin to the sun, which increases the chance of sunburn, so use a sunscreen, and reduce exposure to sunlight while using this product.
- Keep your skin dry before using this product
- If the serum has a specified duration of use, rinse after this time has passed, otherwise wash after 24 hours.
- If any redness, burning, itching, blistering, or irritation is observed at any time during the test, do not use the product.
For more product-specific information, see our patch test guide.
- Since BHA salicylic acid serum is an exfoliating product, avoid using it at the same time as AHAs (glycolic acid, AHA fruit acids, lactic acid, apple cider vinegar or mandelic acid), BHAs (C-50 Blemish Treatment), or a toner. PHA, vitamin C cream or serum, retinol serum, or tretinoin cream Use either of these interchangeably on other nights as prescribed by your doctor.
- BHA may be combined with any of the aforementioned acids and ingredients in one product such as Red Ordinary. Use with caution as directed by your physician.
Dear visitor, if you have any questions about salicylic acid serum, do not hesitate to leave it to the skin and hair care experts in the beauty section.
You may also be interested in:
Salicylic acid is an essential ingredient in many skin and hair care products for its effectiveness in exfoliating, purifying the skin, and fighting infections. This topic contains… What is salicylic acid serum? Salicylic acid is a type of beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that is able to dissolve in fats, test pores and dry out sebum,…